BASC Members Tyson Cooper

Sandyb

Unfortunately I didn't renew my BASC before checking the Members Deals on a Ford Custom van...😖

Is a current member happy to tell me what Ford discounts are currently available? I was with the BASC for over 10 years... whether Tyson Cooper would waive the one year membership if I were to renew to get the discount if favourable. 🤞🏽someone will be able to PM me the current discounted offers😉

Many thanks

reiver

Not sure about Ford dealers but I got 18% + discount of a new 17 plate Toyota pro ace .back then .
There might not be much of a deal at the moment though as there is a long waiting time / shortage of vans at the moment.
One of my customers order a new transit flat bed back in January and are still waiting for it ?.

EMcC

Three years ago I got a better deal from the Volvo garage than BASC could offer me and more recently I got a better offer from a LR dealer than BASC could offer for a new Discovery.
It certainly pays to shop around. Car wow is also a good search engine to use.

Norfolk Horn

It use to be that you got the same discount rates as soon as you joined with the CLA and NFU.
When I made enquiries with Tyson Cooper just before covid started I was not at all impressed to the point I contacted BASC to advise them of TC actions. I did receive a phone call from the sales director as BASC had contacted them but that was all smoke and mirrors.
If I was you I wouldn't use them.
BASC never followed it up but it was then that the lockdown started.

EMcC

Get an idea of what their discount is and use it to barter with the garage you intend to use, they will always be beaten.

Essex stalker

I had real issues with Tyson Cooper, I told them I wanted to buy a new Amarok with BASC discount, they come back and said they could get one with the spec I wanted, diff locks, high power engine, underbody guards etc, apparently it was the only one in the country and if I wanted it I should place deposit on it quickly. They sent me full details of the vehicle and I paid the deposit straight away. A couple of weeks later I chased them as things had gone a bit quiet and was told that this particular vehicle was no longer available and they could no longer get a vehicle with that spec but offered me some lower spec ones.
Phoned local VW dealer and told them what had happened they checked and said that yes the original vehicle was still available and they could get it for me and would also match the price. Went for this option and two weeks later I had the vehicle which just left the hassle of getting my deposit back from Tyson Cooper.

Norfolk Horn

I had real issues with Tyson Cooper, I told them I wanted to buy a new Amarok with BASC discount, they come back and said they could get one with the spec I wanted, diff locks, high power engine, underbody guards etc, apparently it was the only one in the country and if I wanted it I should place deposit on it quickly. They sent me full details of the vehicle and I paid the deposit straight away. A couple of weeks later I chased them as things had gone a bit quiet and was told that this particular vehicle was no longer available and they could no longer get a vehicle with that spec but offered me some lower spec ones.
Phoned local VW dealer and told them what had happened they checked and said that yes the original vehicle was still available and they could get it for me and would also match the price. Went for this option and two weeks later I had the vehicle which just left the hassle of getting my deposit back from Tyson Cooper.
It must be what they do. Nissan truck I could only have it in two different colours otherwise there was a new higher price.
Local Nissan dealer showed me a list of trucks no increase in price.
Interesting as it was me not understanding what the sales man was saying according to TC.
Seems I'm not alone

Essex stalker

It must be what they do. Nissan truck I could only have it in two different colours otherwise there was a new higher price.
Local Nissan dealer showed me a list of trucks no increase in price.
Interesting as it was me not understanding what the sales man was saying according to TC.
Seems I'm not alone
It would appear that they don't have access to all the vehicles that are available, just a limited number. I was told that in addition to any discount that you may get BASC get a commission from the sale as well. This is why generally a main dealer can match any discount that you may get from the BASC scheme

Sandyb

Thanks everyone, so it looks like I'm not missing out at all... Time to shop around👍🏽 Thanks

mallettn

I used the Basc deal directly with my local dealers (not Tyson Cooper) and was very happy with the discounts achieved although there are other similar deals (at least with Suzuki) for public sector workers, business owners, etc so not just via Basc.

Coddy

I contacted TC about a new Amarok in 2019.
6% was what they would offer on them.
Got 5% + £500 additional discount from main VW Dealer.

Toyota Hilux / Ford Ranger at that time were nearer 15-18% Discount.

VIGILAIRE

Went through my local Toyota dealer and used the BASC discount off the pre increase price of an Invincible X Hi Lux for November delivery.