Bucket list hunt?

I have loved the bucket list hunts that I have been on. But, the problem is the bucket never empties, it seems to get bigger. I wanted a representative Roe - and Malcolm set me up nicely. Then he said you should come to the highlands. Then I went to the highlands with him and got a representative Sika (actually a bit better - but I digress) and a little Red. Then I ended with Frank and shot a representative Red and a bunch of pink foots and greylags. Now I am convinced I need to come back and get the other 3 deer species - and maybe head over to the continent for a Mouflon. Of course I still have all the species here in the US.

Right now the only thing not on my list is African game, but that is probably a short lived illusion, and once I take my first head - the bucket will get even larger
You should be like me and not make bucket lists;)

Just moved to the US so would like to shoot representatives of the native deer species, which I think are:
White tail deer
Mule deer
Caribou
Elk
Moose

Would also like to look into sheep and goats.

Quite a simple one really I’d love to have a go at capercaillie and black grouse , cwd would be nice one day too to round off the 6 species but to be honest I’ve done a hell of a lot of deerstalking so I’d be very content with those two
I got my capercaillie in Finish Lapland 2 days and 24 km walking. Absolutely one of the most satisfying hunts i have ever done. I still get emotional when we remminiss.
Tusker

Just moved to the US so would like to shoot representatives of the native deer species, which I think are:
White tail deer
Mule deer
Caribou
Elk
Moose

Would also like to look into sheep and goats.
Sheep, goats and moose, you probably need to start applying now and build some points, depending upon which state of course.
I would love to hunt sheep, but as a non resident I'm getting too old now!
Cheers
Richard

I’ve done the UK six ,goats and boar so it’s Africa for me in a few years time .Been there on safari for a look see and can’t wait .Got a stag booked this rut with my son which I’m massively looking forward to .
Payed for a pig in Florida once but had my wallet stolen with tag inside and outfitter wouldn’t honour the deal .Was a bow hunt too .

I am not expressing an opinion just merely fact. Pennsylvania is a fair chase state and there is no hunting over bait or with hounds.

Pennsylvania is not 100% “bait free”
you can get a permit for bear bait in some areas.

The definition of “fair chase” is also an opinion.

Pennsylvania is not 100% “bait free”
you can get a permit for bear bait in some areas.

The definition of “fair chase” is also an opinion.

Please evidence where permits are issued in some areas.

The rules as I have found are as follows:

If you care to follow the link I supplied from the PA game commission you will find they refer to PA as a fair chase state.

I myself have not expressed an opinion.

Also interesting, but it is an antelope, not a deer. More of a semantic point and I hope to shoot one in any case.
If you don’t look out you may have to start including subspecies like Coues deer and blacktails!

heading out to Vermont later in the year for a black bear with the bow and also whitetail, but just been informed I have a job to do over in the US so fingers crossed I can get a spring bear hunt in

Sheep, goats and moose, you probably need to start applying now and build some points, depending upon which state of course.
I would love to hunt sheep, but as a non resident I'm getting too old now!
Cheers
Richard

Thanks Richard. Will have to pick your brain over Montana/Wyoming. Going to head over there in April for a quick reccy ahead of some fishing / hunting

heading out to Vermont later in the year for a black bear with the bow and also whitetail, but just been informed I have a job to do over in the US so fingers crossed I can get a spring bear hunt in
That sounds awesome, are you hunting with an outfitter in Vermont or going DIY?

That sounds awesome, are you hunting with an outfitter in Vermont or going DIY?
I am going DIY so should be real interesting, spot stalks and saddle hunting which I have made, lightweight with a climbing rope and prusiks that I can pack light gives an added extra to hunt. I will find the berry patches and areas the bears like and hopefully fingers crossed. I made my own bow and quiver so it will be nice to take something with what I have made

I am going DIY so should be real interesting, spot stalks and saddle hunting which I have made, lightweight with a climbing rope and prusiks that I can pack light gives an added extra to hunt. I will find the berry patches and areas the bears like and hopefully fingers crossed. I made my own bow and quiver so it will be nice to take something with what I have made

Please do us a write-up when you get back. Sounds really exciting.

Kind regards,

Carl

Back