Dedicated CZ 455 Rail?

Haldon UK

I recently fitted a Contessa rail to my 455. It fits and it appears to work just fine, however it’s a 452/455 compatible model that has an extended ejector port opening to suit the 452 that basically doesn’t ‘fit’ with the reduced geometry of the 455 model.

It’s purely cosmetic, but it grinds on me that it looks incorrectly specified.

Does anyone know of a rail that has been designed specifically for the 455?

I bought a 457 rail by brittania off of here last week, I'm sure that on the packaging it also fits the 455? If it does, it's spot on.

Reactions: CSW
I bought a 457 rail by brittania off of here last week, I'm sure that on the packaging it also fits the 455? If it does, it's spot on.

Many thanks for the thought, however I just picked up a CZ made 457 rail and can confirm this one does not fit. I expect the same issues will be present with the Britannia version.

The CZ one is too long (OAL) and the ejector port is smaller again over the 455 (455=38.80mm / 457=36.00mm, for reference). The 452 Contessa rail I have looks to allow for a 48mm port(?)

So, it looks like I'm back to square one; hoping that 'someone' makes / made a dedicated CZ455 rail...?!!!

Reactions: CSW
I fitted a Britannia 455 rail to my 455 .17 HMR and it looks/fits fine

Thanks, that's interesting (if you like this sort of thing!) as I believe the Britannia version is also backwards compatible with the 452? If so, Contessa's 452/455 version looks a bit odd on a 455, as per the original message (see below).

Does this look different to your set-up with a Britannia 455 rail?

2021-09-28 13.58.15.jpg

I went with the contessa as one of my mounts lined bang on mid section above the ejection port and some rails have a solid section with no slots...maybe something worth bearing in mind 😉

Awesome that's one of ours (Country Sports Wholesale) Thanks for buying British!

Thanks again!

Are Britannia a company in their own right, or a division of yourselves?

Finding it hard to track them online.

On a separate issue, I can’t see any product images on your website - looks like your URLs maybe corrupt?

Thanks again!

Are Britannia a company in their own right, or a division of yourselves?

Finding it hard to track them online.

On a separate issue, I can’t see any product images on your website - looks like your URLs maybe corrupt?

We run Britannia Rails as just a product line, they're made in conjunction with a gunsmith/ engineering shop. I'll look, we could do with some better visability online - Optics Warehouse call them Reed Rails.

Thanks for that, it looks like we must have something going on with the website - it'll be a PM job today!

Back