I wish I'd never BOUGHT that

sauer

Ok , liking the other thread stating which rifle you wish you never sold

So let's see .....which item you wish you never BOUGHT .

Not just rifle , could be anything deer stalking equipment related from vehicle to knife to rifle to bullets

Please no digs slagging at anyone in particular let's keep it funny / casual

I'll go first

Modern made Butler creeks !! Guaranteed to break first outing
Won't touch them again , pity as older ones were cracking

Paul

merlin

....my dog when she won't do a bloody thing she's told.....

(Only joking! Wouldn't swap her for a gold pig!)

Casual-T

... some Butler creeks as well....but they lasted 2 trips, not one!
A set of trigger sticks from a well know manufacturer because I was too impatient to wait for some wooden quad-sticks...they were noisy when deployed, 'clinked' on anything at any opportunity, a tad heavy and eventually completely ceased up beyond repair after a few wet outings (my fault for not maintaining, but still...)
A super-cheap pair of Mil-surp desert boots for stalking in the sandy Norfolk soil. Spent a week slathering them with mink oil to waterproof them and even put an insole in but they leaked each morning in the dew and killed my feet.
A massive plastic orange handled scandi knife, because, again, I was too impatient to wait for/look for something better.

Lesson for me: work out what you really want and wait for it.

I have since replaced the knife, sticks, boots and scope covers at additional expense over the years...

bobjs

a Renault 5 Alpina turbo 2 in 1983.

left hand drive and the fastes car I have even driven on the public roads, nearly cost me my army carrier when posted to lulworth and then to Tidworth, but that's another story.

miss it more than I like to admit.......boy racer and a great bird pulling machine,

bob.

tackb

two discoverys , a 110 defender and a range rover , all shockingly unreliable ! backed up (or rather not) by the most useless service I have ever encountered!

never again , anyone want to buy a range rover or swap it for a proper off roader like a landcruiser V8 ?

bowji john

Sold my house years ago and emmigrated to USA

Was convinced by some spiv to buy e type jags 'cheap' in USA to b exported for the EU market

Purchases coincided with crash of 90's

Started with £130,000 and finished up several years later with £28,000

Lesson learned - greed and stupidity are a poor mix

greenshoots

montego turbo british racing green with full bodywork kit the joyriders had it more than we did o but it was a lovely car

greenshoots

tozzybum

Morris 1300 GT,fast as a slug,new clutch,brakes ,welding ,dynamo .Might as well have given my bank details to Mr Nkomo of the Nigerian lottery winners fame:banghead:

shendy

An MAE full barrel mod. Had nothing but issues including the whole rifle going missing it the post!!!!!!:rolleyes::banghead::banghead:

rodp

a Renault 5 Alpina turbo 2 in 1983.

left hand drive and the fastes car I have even driven on the public roads, nearly cost me my army carrier when posted to lulworth and then to Tidworth, but that's another story.

miss it more than I like to admit.......boy racer and a great bird pulling machine,

bob.

Did it ever do more than 100 miles without blowing the turbo off or some other disaster ? Well know for being possibly the most unreliable car ever made :lol:

brunel-999

So let's see .....which item you wish you never BOUGHT .
Car - Austin Allegro 1100 c.c. in 1977 - I am only just getting over the experience.

Guns, Scopes and all things shooting related - in general anything where I didn't buy the best that I could afford.

Tim.243

A fire damaged Peugeot 309 when I had my panel shop, got so ****ed off with it an Asian guy rang about spare parts for one (as I had a breakers yard)

" Are you breaking a Peu 309 4 door"

Yes mate what do you need?

2 doors, bonnet, F/bumper, 2 head lights, rad,

What colour ?

Red

Got all that

Sold

Picked the shell up and put it on the stack

Much happier

Tim.243

mollydog

a mini metro the most unreliable car I have ever owned and a ruger 10/22 the most inaccurate and unreliable rifle I have ever owned

sikasako

Beretta Silver pigeon. Had so many problems with the selector switch on the safety catch changing position each time I opened the action. Sometimes it would change over from bottom to top barrel. Other times it would go to mid position and jam up the whole action. Must be a common issue as trap versions have a grub screw to lock selector switch in one position. Wont buy another Beretta as long as I live!