Tapatalk message appearing on Stalking Directory

paultap

An annoying message keeps appearing when I try to open threads today on Stalking directory, I am using an IPad by the way and never get problems with viruses etc. The screen is dimmed and a message says "open this topic with"- then it shows a logo for tapatalk with "open" along side, or The Safari Logo with "continue". Pressing continue next to the safari logo does nothing, it only wants to let you proceed with tapatalk, this is extremely annoying, any Ideas on how to stop this appearing, it's only happening on stalking directory today.

I have added a screenshot of this

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Smelly Yeti

Getting same pop up. Pressing ‘continue’ with safari gets rid of it with mine but $€¥^ing annoying. Going look in pop-up blocker to try to sort.

csl

Administrator
Site Staff
The message isn’t a virus, it is ok! It’s asking if you want use Tapatalk or your normal browser.

I’m not sure if its iPad/iPhone only but today I upgraded Tapatalk Add-on which might be why it did today. It is annoying but so far I can’t see a way to switch it off easily. If you choose your normal browser it shouldn’t ask again (until I upgrade again :D).

I would get rid of Tapatalk now Xenforo makes it so easy to browse on a phone... but some people still use it :rolleyes: ;)

Last edited:

sauer

iPhone / iPad here and I use tapatalk to do the forums 99.5% of the time ...
As a platform for forums it’s very good and more so on the fly if out and on your phone

Paul

csl

Administrator
Site Staff
The message isn’t a virus, it is ok! It’s asking if you want use Tapatalk or your normal browser.

I’m not sure if its iPad/iPhone only but today I upgraded Tapatalk Add-on which might be why it did today. It is annoying but so far I can’t see a way to switch it off easily. If you choose your normal browser it shouldn’t ask again (until I upgrade again :D).

I would get rid of Tapatalk now Xenforo makes it so easy to browse on a phone... but some people still use it :rolleyes: ;)
:)

Alantoo

I have been getting those the last couple of days on the phone...really irritating.

If I say I don't want it why doesn't it take notice?

Alan

Alantoo

When I look at SD on my iPhone I get an annoying dialogue box appearing on the bottom of the screen saying Open In Tapatalk or Continue with Safari.

You have to choose one before it goes away...I have chosen Safari four times so far and it keeps coming back.

I presumed it is the same irritation that prompted the OP.

Alan

Mike L

It's just an operating system to make forum viewing easier on a phone, you don't have to use it, and it won't get you hooked into a cult. :D

Swedish

When I look at SD on my iPhone I get an annoying dialogue box appearing on the bottom of the screen saying Open In Tapatalk or Continue with Safari.

You have to choose one before it goes away...I have chosen Safari four times so far and it keeps coming back.

I presumed it is the same irritation that prompted the OP.

Alan
You're on safari?