Tick pain.

Mossypaw

I have a 7 yr old lab who normally comes an sits in front of me as soon as I pick up the ‘Otom’ tick remover, she loves a good ‘tick session’.
This week she had two ticks, one in each foreleg, just beside the upper pad at the back of her ‘wrist’. Removed the first one as usual, but the second one she won’t let me near it. If I touch the back of her leg, she’s off. Tried holding her down but she’s squealing if I go anywhere near it. The tick is slightly engorged but not noticeably bigger in the last two days, and paler than usual.
Any ideas ? Infected or on a nerve ?

Probably an infected bite? Is the area warm to the touch? If so she needs a trip to the vets I'm afraid!

Managed, with the wife’s help, to hold the dog and get the tick out. All the ticks we usually get have black legs and head. This one was red an the legs were that fine that they were difficult to see with the naked eye.
E6C23FC7-5705-4039-96A0-553CA6915346.jpeg
You can see the shadow of the legs in the photo, but not the legs. Tick was about 5/6mm long.
Any ideas if it’s a different breed ?

Horrible things ticks must have been on a sensitive area for her!what tick stuff do you use!have you tried Advantik I find it exellent compared to frontline For ticks not attaching to my dog but you do need a prescription for advantik.

Well ours get a bravecto tablet twice a year and no ticks in what many would consider to be one of the highest tick populations in the country (thetford forest). No ticks. Simple. And no nasty chemicals on their skin or ill affects. Tasty chewy tablet, happy dogs.
If your dog is still in pain get it checked out, agree with previous comments that they don’t show pain often, so it must be sore. Best be safe than sorry.

Well ours get a bravecto tablet twice a year and no ticks in what many would consider to be one of the highest tick populations in the country (thetford forest). No ticks. Simple. And no nasty chemicals on their skin or ill affects. Tasty chewy tablet, happy dogs.
If your dog is still in pain get it checked out, agree with previous comments that they don’t show pain often, so it must be sore. Best be safe than sorry.
We use the same product, absolutely superb! Expensive, but worth every penny

Back