Wanted: Wanted - Roe, Muntjac - Surrey/ Hampshire area

fcp

After 12 years, a divorce (the landowner, not me..) means I will loose the main piece of ground I current have and I am looking for lease opportunities in and around the Surrey/ Hampshire border area (within 30-40 minutes of Hindhead) for Roe (happy to control Vermin etc)

I have never had to pay for stalking so I'm not entirely sure how successful posting this will be, but let me set out what I have in mind.

1) Happy to pay the right money but I am not interested in a syndicate or sharing ground with people I don't know. I will NOT be using the ground commercially i.e. no guided stalks etc. This is my hobby, not a business.
2) Depending on the ground and location, I'd consider anything up-to 1000 acres (number of animals, location, access being key factors). 500 would be comfortable.
3) I would like a 3-5 year option on the lease. I'd like to walk the ground a few times before agreeing anything.
4) I would suit a situation where landowner wants deer and vermin controlled but not heavily culled i.e. sensible management plan to be agreed.
5) Happy to agree terms around split on meat etc. I have processing facilities and can provide prepped (sausages etc)

Other info: FAC holder since 1980-something... open ticket, DSC, references and insured. I'm discrete, organised and hold a professional role in the outside world..

Happy to use a land agent if someone reading this would like to get in touch.

Mods> if this doesn't meet guidelines etc please let me know and I will amend accordingly.

Sampo

Wish you all the best in finding something suitable. Gound is hard to come by but not impossible.

fcp

Wish you all the best in finding something suitable. Gound is hard to come by but not impossible.

Thanks. I sill have a small patch which will do for the remainder of the summer. Over the years I've generally been good at keeping the ground I have had because the relationship with the landowners have been good -my experience is that most of them would rather have someone they trust looking out than make a quick £ by leasing it out. That said, I am resigned to the fact that I'm probably going to have to pay for something now though and I'm happy to do that.. it just needs to be the right thing. I'm patient though so we'll see what turns up.