Overview of the Reloading Process - From Spent Case to Loaded Round

BunnyDoom

I'm totally new to reloading so forgive me if this is a stupid question... I've seen "Lee Complete Relaoader Kits" for about £25 on the internet - for someone just putting together a couple of hundred hunting rounds a year together are these ok? Will the accuracy be better than factory loads with this basic kit?

Cug

Excellent write up, the photo's made it really easy to follow. I'll be re-loading in the next year or so and this is a great reference!

KAW2810

Thats great!!!
I'm considering reloading but know absoloutely nothing and that post has helped a great deal.

Cheers

multiman

Good post

I reload my rifle cases with the Lee loaders and I can reload 60 rounds an hour, but I also have a dillon progresive press set up for .357 mag and i can do 250 an hour.

I clean my cases in an ultrasonic tank.

Dont be put off by people telling you that reloading is a black art. if you can follow simple instructions you can reload.
It can become adictive though tring new loads etc. :D

paul o'

nice job alex will help lots of new reloaders out on step .ps i aways de prime before cleaning with lee any size remover,
its just the way i do it also i'v just moved over to a lyman ultrasonic jobby away from cob and sound of case's rattling for ages :mad:
:thumb:

Last edited:

Duke999

That was absolutely brilliant and very helpful for a novice reloader like what I am !
​thanks again !!!!

kennyc

I'm totally new to reloading so forgive me if this is a stupid question... I've seen "Lee Complete Relaoader Kits" for about £25 on the internet - for someone just putting together a couple of hundred hunting rounds a year together are these ok? Will the accuracy be better than factory loads with this basic kit?
yes you can load better than factory rounds with the Lee Loader, you will need a few other items such as calipers and trimmers etc but all those can be used with any other reloading kit, a Lee hand press will use standard dies from most manufacturers and is a good step forward if space is at a premium, again it has use's even if you go the whole hog later and by more Gucci kit.

Reloading with a Lee Loader - YouTube

shbangsteve

Excellent . Might I suggest you start a new forum section titled Reference. Things like this and other things like gralloching, skinning, butchering, high seat design, sausage recipes, load data etc. A section without all the comments, I know we all have our own opinions but sometimes we just want to see how things are done especially if you trying something new.

paul o'

nice one alex now
you need to do one on how you reached the O.A.L useing mod case etc then the new to loading will know how we get the reading/settings that we talk about OG etc .
but nice write up
:tiphat:
paul
may be a vid!

Klenchblaize

Very helpful to a new starter.

Its also a great reminder that no single approach, in terms of sequence, is wholly correct as in my Reloading Den tumbling cases is the last step before priming. The first being to de-cap, re size, trim, neck ream and clean primer pocket before dumping into an ultrasonic tank to remove all crud and lubricant.

Cheers

K

Druid

Lee classic loaders are great fun, especially when you set off primers in your living room :eek: I have to admit, unless the primer pocket has been cleaned out very well, you need to give the primers a very good whacking to seat flush, which now and again offers you a nice alternative to a shot of espresso![/QUOTEl

​LOL:lol:

2130martin

Lee classic loaders are great fun, especially when you set off primers in your living room :eek: I have to admit, unless the primer pocket has been cleaned out very well, you need to give the primers a very good whacking to seat flush, which now and again offers you a nice alternative to a shot of espresso![/QUOTEl

​LOL:lol:

How much cheaper is reloading currentley? still worth doing?

tjm160

Absolutely brilliant and so helpful, thank you very much indeed for taking the time to provide this Alex, much appreciated!