Suffolk 100m .308 Zero Range?

ShooterB

Hi All,

I have a friend near Bury St Edmunds that is in need of a 100m/yard range to re-zero his .308 stalking rifle. He's an experienced shot, but would like to be able to practice a bit more often on a range if possible.

I dont know of any on that side of the country myself, being in the SW! Are there any ranges within reasonable distance that are available for use/hire without negotiating endless membership processes?

I'm sure a membership to a local range wouldn't be an issue, but normally that's followed by a long on boarding process.

TIA

SB

bullet chucker

I was going to say EUSTON Estate', I think there was mention on here,of gatherings at weekends to shoot into a quarry. Any more detail than that I am not party to. Other than being a NGO supporter member I attended a meeting where members could get their trophy heads measured and factory ammo could be tried with your own rifle or a loaned rifle of different calibres.

BC.

andyk

No harm in asking but I wouldn't imagine the BASC range is an option. I believe it belongs to the FC and its use is subject to all the usual paperwork which comes with it. I would expect they only have access to it in accordance with their lease which requires supervision etc.

Last time I was there, they were even having to note the time and place of each shot to keep the FC happy, so I can't see using their range on a 'pay and play' basis will be a goer.

Essex stalker

As someone else has said BDS East Anglia Range Day if not then Jim Riley at DGVM deer management has a range, not sure if he lets it out but may be worth a call

Basil H

Just over the border you have DGVM at Chippenham Park and also, rather more formal, Cambridge Gun Club which you can use as a casual or join.

bullet chucker

I visit friends of Mrs BC, when we are able and EUSTON estate is not a million miles away either, if a range day is on! So thank you lads, for the info on what is available when I'm in Suffolk.

BC.

sharkbait

I joined the cambridge gun club £300 for year, great range! Although I wish someone would build the equivalent in south essex as it's a bit of a long round trip for me