Is this Wild Boar damage

ATN X-SIGHT LTV 3-9X Ultra Light Day & Night Vision Rifle Scope

8x57

Distinguished Member
Only one or three Jagare. :rofl:

I thought I spotted a boar print with the spurs at the edge of the pond on my shoot one morning, they are in the area but not quite reached me yet. I went to get a closer look but my big footed clot of a GWP beat me to it and stood right on it. That's the second time he has done something similar, lesson learned don't go looking at slots with a GWP or at least sit the bugger down first before venturing forward. :rolleyes:

Jagare

Only one or three Jagare. :rofl:

I thought I spotted a boar print with the spurs at the edge of the pond on my shoot one morning, they are in the area but not quite reached me yet. I went to get a closer look but my big footed clot of a GWP beat me to it and stood right on it. That's the second time he has done something similar, lesson learned don't go looking at slots with a GWP or at least sit the bugger down first before venturing forward. :rolleyes:
When we have snow there are plenty of roe prints about. A little thawing and suddenly they look like boar prints. A set of teeth from a boar I shot a couple of weeks ago

Attachments

• 20210405_110723.jpg
    20210405_110723.jpg
    311.6 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

sharkbait

I would stick my neck out and say badgers, digging up chaffer grub, looks like they were having a field day too😂, it's that time of year they are becoming active and with the badgers nose very sensitive they have pickd up on them! In gardens a tell tale sign is when the crows and magpies rip the dead grass and moss out to get at them, they are a fair size maggoty grub with black head and legs on that are full of protein and delicious to birds and beast as they go crazy for them, I'm suprised this has happened on a golf course as the green keepers must be slacking they should have treated the fairways greens and tees prior to the eggs hatching!

sharkbait

Looking at the pictures defo badgers, if you look you will see there is a lot of light brown dead grass amongst the soil turf that's been turnd over, the chafer grub exist where the grass roots are and feed extensively on the grass roots which obviously kills the grass which makes it easy for badgers to flip it over, I would say this is the damage of 2 or 3 badgers over the course of a couple of nights

EMcC

Has nobody thought to ask 'Boar Guru' of this site ?
If he really is a Guru he should be able to give the definitive answer straight away.

Pete1774

What’s golf ?
Just another excuse for drinking except that before you start drinking you have to hit a little white ball with a stick then walk to where it lands and hit it again, then repeat. When you get tired of doing this you start drinking.

25 Sharps

I would stick my neck out and say badgers, digging up chaffer grub, looks like they were having a field day too😂, it's that time of year they are becoming active and with the badgers nose very sensitive they have pickd up on them! In gardens a tell tale sign is when the crows and magpies rip the dead grass and moss out to get at them, they are a fair size maggoty grub with black head and legs on that are full of protein and delicious to birds and beast as they go crazy for them, I'm suprised this has happened on a golf course as the green keepers must be slacking they should have treated the fairways greens and tees prior to the eggs hatching!

Most of the effective chemicals are now banned according to the head green keeper I shoot for.

EMcC

I've never shot one in UK, never wanted to but have shot more than I can count over the years in various other countries.
My first was in 1965 not far from Hildesheim.

sharkbait

Most of the effective chemicals are now banned according to the head green keeper I shoot for.
Yep he is right they have pretty much banned all chemicals for chaffer grub although I did hear in the grapevine that they were issuing acelepryn in emergency situations and only to the right people!
The only option open for everyone else is called nemasys chaffer grub killer which is a biological control its application is a bit drawn out but it's highly effective still

uptonogood

Yep he is right they have pretty much banned all chemicals for chaffer grub although I did hear in the grapevine that they were issuing acelepryn in emergency situations and only to the right people!
The only option open for everyone else is called nemasys chaffer grub killer which is a biological control its application is a bit drawn out but it's highly effective still
Probably the reason why our insect forna is depleting so fast .Havnt seen a may bug in years .

Leica Amplus 6