Beretta serpentina

norma 308

one of my syndicate guns has only gone and won one !looks like a nice bit of gun for a £200 ticket I've offered to double his money £400 :D:D 490 Serpentina

Last edited:
I love side by sides as much, if not more than any other gun. But i cannot take to that Beretta at all.

I saw that competition, its nice to hear that someone actually really won it, I'm always sceptical of these prize draws! I bet hes a happy chap now!

I saw that competition, its nice to hear that someone actually really won it, I'm always sceptical of these prize draws! I bet hes a happy chap now!
very happy except the boss says the shoot sub's may have to go up !!for him lol
don't know what it would be worth ?

Well they made £98000 on ticket sales (490 @ £200) so I hope it would be worth a fair chunk......£15k maybe? Who knows... they've been very cagey on the value of that model, I can't find it for sale online at all...

Well they made £98000 on ticket sales (490 @ £200) so I hope it would be worth a fair chunk......£15k maybe? Who knows... they've been very cagey on the value of that model, I can't find it for sale online at all...

Is it going to be a production model at all ?I thought it was going to be a limited run to commemorate something ?

I'm expecting big tips from him this yr or at least his old EELL 687

I love berettas and thats certainly an unusual one, not sure its my cup of tea but he must be chuffed to bits, congratulations to him!

It's modern styling, in the same way that a Holland & Holland was the latest styling in the Edwardian period. With its unglued barrels it does look rather unfinished - further enhanced by lack of checkering. Action is reminiscent of a Dickson round action with a Stephen grant side lever.

Oooh! Interesting. I disagree that it's ugly. The side lever I'm not sure of though. I thought side levers went out because top levers were better, so I'd have to see how that would work out. The styling is a bit out there and shotguns, especially SXS ones tend to sell well the more traditional they look.

But it's all speculation for me. No way I'm affording one. In general terms, I've used a couple of Beretta SXS's (471 Silver Hawk)and found them to be really well balanced and have the advantage of having the Beretta build quality.

Lucky man, lucky to have won and lucky to have £200 for a raffle ticket.
Very true nice but I'd rather carry on with my Silver Pigeon and put the £200 towards a days shooting. That's an awful lot of losers to win that but if they can afford it good luck to them.

if you knew the winner like I do he will be very humbled by the win as he'd won nothing in his life before so equals out I guess .he travels every two wks from Cornwall to northants to shoot with his friends here and I think he'd be happy letting us try the 490 particularly as I lent him my silver p in 20 gauge last season to try on a cock day
I do wonder what its worth though ,looking forward and I'll do a review :D

Well done to the winner. I think the gun is gorgeous, though perhaps I prefer the blued ones -and they really are blue! The choice of a side lever is, I suspect, an elegant nod to the serpentine lever that would have held the match on the sort of guns that were around when Beretta was recorded as making gun barrels for the Doge of Venice in 1490.

The gun is being presented in a weeks time at beretta shop st James the CA want to do a page on the shoot it'll be used on too so I may need some new tweeds Looking forward to seeing it

A shotgun.
Is that one of those guns that spits out a lot of little round balls when you pull the trigger?? Wouldn't know what to do with one.;) ~Muir

Seriously, nice gun.

Used Beretta's for all my shotgun shooting, various guages and cartridge lengths. I absolutely love them as they fit me perfectly from the rack.
I am sure your friend will quite rightly be chuffed to win it but I would auction it and buy his 687 EELL, or maybe a Dickson and McNaughton or maybe a Guerini, or maybe anything which looked less 'contrived'. Sorry

Used Beretta's for all my shotgun shooting, various guages and cartridge lengths. I absolutely love them as they fit me perfectly from the rack.
I am sure your friend will quite rightly be chuffed to win it but I would auction it and buy his 687 EELL, or maybe a Dickson and McNaughton or maybe a Guerini, or maybe anything which looked less 'contrived'. Sorry
well it won’t be shot not by my friend anyway the other one that went to a charity auction apparently made $80,000 in the USA and it would be good if that owner would like a pair beretta won’t say who has it!

Back